Learn simple and effective techniques to influence variation, variability, and variety of sensory input into the foot to influence the brain. Easy assessment techniques that you can do on everyone with quick interventions to change pain and performance for your clients. You only move as well and as differently as you can sense the world around you. The feet are a big part of that environment. A lot of brain space is devoted to sensation in your foot and ankle, that should tell you how important it is. Don’t just focus on foot strength, focus on foot sensation to make a difference throughout the whole body. You don’t want to miss this one
- Review 2-point discrimination sensory assessment for the foot complex and why it matters.
- Recognize sensory awareness testing of the toes.
- Review the use of kinesiology tape to enhance proprioceptive feedback to the brain.
- Compression flossing for the ankle joint and foot nerves.
- Recall nerve and pulse points of the ankle and foot.
- Memorize the pressure points of the foot to change gait.