The first known records of the cannabis plant being utilized for medicinal and healing purposes dates to 5000 BC. Approaching the 20th century cannabis was the most common ingredient in almost all over the counter medications. This webinar will take you on a journey to understand how the lost art and science of the healing properties of the hemp plant and its relevance in today’s healthcare. You will be challenged to think outside the box on your current beliefs about physical and mental health; and how patient preference, clinical evidence and scientific research all play a key role in patient centered care.
At the conclusion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Discuss CBD effects on pain, inflammation, sleep and mental health.
- Understand the endocannabinoid system (ECS) and it’s importance in regulating many biological systems.
- Understand the different types of CBD products and the differences in mechanism of actions between topical and ingestible CBD products.
- Discuss our current understanding of how cannabinoid products are digested and metabolized and the advancements in cannabinoid science to improve their efficacy in overall absorption.
- Understand CBD dosing and how to incorporate CBD into your care plans.
- Discuss the effects related to rehab and exercise.