Join Dr. C. Shante Cofield, aka The Movement Maestro, for a WebExercises webinar that will introduce you to the pelvic floor, its functions, and provide a brief discussion on some common pathologies. Despite its role as an integral part of the core, the pelvic floor has remained in the shadows as a hush-hush body part left for obstetricians and gynecologists. Not anymore. Physical therapists, strength coaches, yoga instructors, and movement professionals are finally realizing its importance, realizing that they need more education about it, and realizing that it can and should be trained just like any other muscle in the body. Come join us as we talk all things pelvic floor and look to bridge the gap between theory and function.
Learn easy practical solutions for patients and clients
• Describe the pelvic floor and the role of the pelvic floor
• Discuss why you should care about the pelvic floor
• Discuss why men should care about the pelvic floor
• Define the pelvic floor in physical therapy
• Recognize some common pelvic floor dysfunctions including: urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, pelvic pain
Duration: 52 minutes