A comprehensive approach to address concussions and the cervical spine.
Dr. Kelly Ryder was one of the few specialists to sit in on the NFL’s concussion committee. In the US approximately 3.8 million concussions are sustained annually from sports and other recreational activities according to the CDC. High School athletes whose brains are more vulnerable are particularly at risk. Cumulative concussions are shown to increase the risk of permanent neurological disability by 39 percent. Dr. Ryder will discuss the latest in recognition of concussion related signs and symptoms, cutting edge testing protocols and advanced treatment strategies. If you work with any type of athlete or an active population, you won’t want to miss this one!
– Review Concussion History.
– Discuss Laws of Physics when it applies to concussion.
– Describe whiplash and list signs and symptoms.
– Describe the proper testing for concussions. Balance, Vision, and Neurophysiological.
– Discuss a list of muscles to focus on for rehab exercises.
– Recall supplements and minerals that have shown to help with concussions.
– Relate strengthening of cervical spine in reference to prevention of whiplash / head whip.
No certificate will be issued for the course.
You can start and stop the course at any time. On demand courses are available in your account 1 year. Subscription customers have access to on demand courses for as long as you have an account with WebExercises.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding courses, subscriptions or Continuing Education Approval.
Disclosure: No relevant information to disclose
Course Access: 1 year
Content disclosure: This course does not focus on any product or service.
Materials / prerequisite needed: N/A
Duration: 36 minutes
Not approved for Continuing Education