Dr. Wilk’s course is designed to present the most recent, relevant, evidence-based, and clinically proven information for the treatment of the most challenging problems of the shoulder joints. You will have the opportunity to learn the latest evaluation and treatment techniques, and confidently implement them into your practice immediately. Learning objectives:
- Recall the anatomy and biomechanics of the shoulder
- Recognize various shoulder joint pain and dysfunction
- Develop a treatment program based on an evidence based approach
- Reproduce a functional assessment for specific shoulder disorders
- Interpret the information obtained from the clinical examination and functional assessment
- Develop a treatment plan for specific shoulder lesion – Rotator cuff lesions – Post-operative rehabilitation following rotator cuff repair – SLAP lesions – Glenohumeral joint instability – Post-operative rehabilitation following shoulder instability surgery – Scapular dyskinesis – Biceps pain & biceps surgery – Rehabilitation of the overhead athlete – Specific techniques to promote and enhance tissue healing and regeneration
You can start and stop the course at any time. The course is available for 1 year after purchase date. Please note, after each section a short test is provided and needs to be completed in order to move to the next section.
Please contact [email protected] if you have questions regarding courses, subscriptions or Continuing Education Approval.
Continuing Education available for: Athletic Trainers, Physical Therapy, Doctor of Chiropractic, Occupational Therapy
Disclosure: Dr. Wilk published over 170 journal articles and over 125 book chapters. Kevin is on the review board of 9 journals. Dr. Wilk received numerous professional awards. Kevin has served as President of the Sports Section of the APTA from 6/2007 till 6/2010, and has served as Vice-President, Education Program Chairman and Editor of the Home Study Course for the Sports Physical Therapy Section of the APTA for 7 years previously and has served on numerous committees for the APTA.
Content disclosure: This course does not focus on any product or service.
Materials / prerequisite needed: N/A
A quiz is provided at the end of the course. 75% score required to receive a certificate. You have one hour and 3 attempts.
- Shoulder Examination with Dr. Dugas 1:02:15
- Rehabilitation for the Traumatic Dislocated Shoulder Patient 1:05:40
- Postural Exercises – Treating the Rotator Cuff Painful Patient 1:13:25
- Rehab for the Overhead Athlete with Shoulder Lesions 1:32:11
- Selecting the Best Exercises for Activation & Strengthening for the Shoulder Complex 1:03:40
- Rehabilitation of the Stiff & Painful Shoulder: Adhesive Capsulitis 1:30:55
- Rehabilitation Following Rotator Cuff Repair 55:13
- Return to Play Criteria in the Overhead Thrower 48:27
Continuing Education regulations may change. Please verify requirements with your licensure board for license renewal.
Athletic Trainers: WebExercises is an approved provider for the BOC, provider P10199. This course is approved in all states for Athletic Trainers. WebExercises is approved in Florida and Arizona and attendance will be filed with CE Broker. Topic: Intermediate
Physical Therapy Approval for this course: This course has been approved by the Arkansas Board of Physical Therapy. The course abides by regulatory guidelines for continuing education or is approved by virtue of approval by the Arkansas Physical Therapy board. Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky (Category 2) Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
Doctor of Chiropractic course approval: (see approval information below) *The licensed Doctor of Chiropractic shall be responsible for verifying the board requirements for license renewal. Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia (approval 2021-690), Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming.
Approval Information: WebExercises is recognized by the PACE program of the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards. PACE approved providers are accepted by the following Chiropractic State Boards: Alaska, Connecticut, DC, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming. CCE accredited
Chiropractic College: WebExercises is sponsored by a CCE accredited Chiropractic College, Cleveland University-Kansas City. This course meets the appropriate standards for continuing education and qualifies for 8 CEUs (hours) in the following states: Colorado, Delaware, Illinois, Michigan.
Occupational Therapy: Course abides by regulatory guidelines of your board for continuing education. Please review your board guidelines before taking a course for CE credit to make sure the course is germane to your profession and fulfills requirements. Arkansas, Idaho, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin.