- You must enroll in this course to access course content.
This course incorporates movement assessment via a Repeated Motions exam and a comprehensive Movement Screen. The emphasis is on Modern Manual Therapy, Pain Science Education and patient self-treatment. Treatment includes use of the EDGE Mobility Tool and EDGE Mobility Brands for Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Manipulation, Spinal Manipulation and Mobilization, and Neurodynamics to promote movement and decrease pain. Clinical Practice Patterns of movement dysfunction will be taught for assessment and treatment.
- Define modern manual therapy with neurophysiologic mechanisms
- Evaluate and treat common movement pattern dysfunctions in both the upper and lower quadrants of the body
- Use traditional soft tissue manipulation, functional release, compression wrapping and instrument assisted soft tissue manipulation (IASTM), joint manipulation and other orthopaedic manual therapy treatments to increase the compliance of patient home exercise program
- Discuss the indications and contraindications of IASTM, spinal manipulation, neurodynamics
- Prescribe patient self-treatment with mode and patient education
- Review patient informed consent for treatment
- Use a Movement Screen and a Repeated Motions Exam for Test and Re-Test of the Patient’s Functions and Symptoms
Disclosure: Dr. Religioso is the creator and owner of Edge Mobility Tools. This tool is used during the course for demonstration purpose only.
Content disclosure: This course does not focus on any product or service.
The course can be started and stopped any time. A quiz is provided at the end of the course with 27 questions to obtain a certificate for continuing education. 75% score required to receive a certificate, 1 hour time permitted and 3 attempts.
Target Audience: Athletic Trainers, Physical Therapy, Doctor of Chiropractic, Occupational Therapy
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Course Outline (12 hours)
- Lecture 3 hours
- Introduction and Q&A – 1 hour 38 min
- Upper Quarter Screening – 1 hour 8 min
- Upper Quarter Screening pt. 1 – 13 min
- Upper Quarter Screening pt. 2 – 29 min
- Passive Cervical Retraction & Side Bending – 29 min
- IASTM – 23 min
- TMJ – 13 min
- Shoulder – 12 min
- Day 2 Q&A – 29 min
- TMJ Mobilizations – 20 min
- Masseter – 13 min
- Cervical Retraction & Side Bending Pec Minor & Upper Trap Inhibition Techniques – 10 min
- Live Case #2 – 1 hour
- Positional Inhibition of the Rhomboid – 14 min
- Breathing Assessment – 29 min
- Subcranial Sheer Distraction – 9 min
- Bruxing – 20 min
- Quadriped Lumbar Lock Rotation & Positional Inhibition – 9 min
- Recap – 23 min
- Thoracic Spine IASTM – 8 min
- Conclusion Q&A – 6 min
Continuing Education regulations may change. Please verify information with your licensure board.
Athletic Trainers: WebExercises is an approved provider for the BOC, provider P10199. This course is approved in all states for Athletic Trainers. WebExercises is approved in Florida and Arizona and attendance will be filed with CE Broker.
Physical Therapy Approval for this course:
This course has been approved by the Arkansas Board of Physical Therapy. The course abides by regulatory guidelines for continuing education or is approved by virtue of approval by the Arkansas Physical Therapy board.
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky (Category 1), Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
Doctor of Chiropractic course approval:
(see approval information below)
Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia (approval 2021-680 Examination Procedure/Diagnoses), Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming.
PACE approval: ID # 9148 – 12 hours
WebExercises is recognized by the PACE program of the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards. PACE (Providers of Approved Continuing Education) is a Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards (FCLB) organization. Approved providers offer the highest standards of education and abide by guidelines and standards outlined by PACE to maintain approval status. Courses need to be listed with PACE and receive an approval number. PACE approved providers are accepted by the following Chiropractic State Boards: Alaska, Connecticut, DC, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming.
CCE accredited Chiropractic College:
WebExercises is sponsored by a CCE accredited Chiropractic College, Cleveland University-Kansas City. This course meets the appropriate standards for continuing education and qualifies for 12 CEUs (hours) in the following states:
Colorado, Delaware, Illinois, Michigan.