Nerve entrapments are extremely prevalent and are often misdiagnosed and mistreated. Thoracic outlet system, IT band syndrome, and plantar fasciitis, just to name a few. Understanding where nerves go, and how they create pain and muscle dysfunction, is of the utmost importance for manual therapists and clinicians. Why? Because, you can be missing the opportunity to help improve health and function…and at the same time be potentially making the person substantially worse, in some cases…and not better.
- Review the thoracic outlet syndrome. Common entrapment’s and solutions.
- Evaluate some sciatic pain, common entrapments and how manual therapist can release them.
- Discuss IT band syndrome, common nerve entrapments and solutions.
- Review plantar fasciitis, common entrapments, and the nerves that are misdiagnosed as plantar fasciitis.
- Discuss when to refer out. How to determine when these nerve entrapments are out of your scope of practice.