Rock this Way: Understanding the Rockers of the Foot
Gait assessment is a tool that can be incredibly helpful when identifying and treating common musculoskeletal issues. In this course, you will learn about the 4 rockers of the foot, how to assess them and create exercise protocols to improve gait efficiency and decrease pain in your patient population.
• Identify the rocker systems of the foot and ankle and their importance in walking.
• Review the anatomy of the foot and ankle.
• Review the biomechanics of these systems and identify key events in each of the 4 rockers required for gait efficiency.
• Identify aberrant mechanics that would lead to gait inefficiency.
• Learn exercise strategies to improve gait efficiency.
* This webinar is intended for Healthcare Professionals.
Dr. Courtney Conley
Dr. Courtney Conley is the founder and creator of Gait Happens where she has the opportunity to truly realize her dream of helping as many people as possible reclaim their foot function.
She’s an internationally renowned foot and gait specialist who teaches both nationally and internationally. Dr. Conley is a chiropractic physician who specializes in foot and gait mechanics. She holds a BA in Kinesiology, a BA in Human Biology and a doctorate in Chiropractic Medicine. She is the owner and operator of Total Health Solutions clinic and Total Health Performance gym in Lakewood, CO, where she heads patient care with a focus on restoring gait mechanics and helping people resolve foot problems to move more easily and with less pain.
Dr. Conley is a founding member of the Healthy Foot Alliance, an international team of practitioners whose collective goal is to bring light to the benefits of natural footwear and prevent unnecessary surgical procedures by improving foot foundation and creating a stable platform from the ground up.