Clinical Applications for Multidirectional Speed and Deceleration
Clinicians need a robust understanding of linear speed, as it drives all the movements and behaviors we coach everyday: Gait, Balance, Lunge, Step Up, Stairs, and of course running.
The mechanics of sprinting just highlight the needs and bring clarity to the fundamental movements we think we understand, but the key differentiator is that sprinting gives those movements purpose. With purpose, comes learning, pattern acquisition, and movement improvement with lasting impact. We will discuss the mechanics of sprinting, patterns necessary, and specific clinical drills you can implement to see your clients have success.
– Identify the mechanics of linear speed
– Understand the impact of mobility and stability on linear movement
– Apply appropriate interventions to increase linear speed potential
– Determine programming load
– Determine programming strategies to have successful patient/athlete adaption.
* This webinar is intended for Healthcare Professionals.