Addressing the CTS Complex: Assessment, Treatment and Exercise for the Cervical, Thoracic Spine and the Shoulder
The CTS complex! Not the CTS you think. The relationship between the C spine,T spine and shoulder. This seminar will look at common conditions and the interactions between these 3 structures. Different screens and tests to differentiate the source of the problem will be utilized. Based on history and findings different treatment options will be demonstrated including manipulation, mobilization, nerve glides, IASTM, cupping and EMS.
- Provide a basic understanding of common conditions of the C Spine, T spine and shoulder.
- How to differentiate source of dysfunction as joint, soft tissue, motor control or combination of all 3.
- Once the source of the problem is identified what are the tools used to treat it.
- In the C spine radicular conditions, cervicogenic headaches and neck pain will be addressed.
- In the T spine cutaneous nerve entrapment, ulnar nerve issues and thoracic pain will be addressed.
- In the shoulder scapular dyskinesis, shoulder pain and axillary nerve entrapment will be addressed.
- Take home exercises for all conditions will be given.
* This webinar is intended for Healthcare Professionals.
David Benevento, D.C., C.C.S.P.
DR. DAVID BENEVENTO GRADUATED FROM THE LOS ANGELES COLLEGE OF CHIROPRACTIC IN 1981 AND OBTAINED HIS CERTIFIED CHIROPRACTIC SPORTS PHYSICIAN DESIGNATION FROM THE AMERICAN CHIROPRACTIC ASSOCIATION IN 1988. HE TRAVELED TO RUSSIA IN 1989 AND SPENT ONE WEEK STUDYING AT THE SPORTS INSTITUTE IN MOSCOW.
HE IS A PAST INSTRUCTOR OF THE FAKTR TECHNIQUE AND DYNAMICTAPE . HE HAS BEEN A TECHNIQUE INSTRUCTOR FOR NUMEROUS ORGANIZATIONS FOR OVER 15 YEARS AND HAS BEEN AN ETHICS INSTRUCTOR FOR OVER 6 YEARS. HE IS A PAST PRESIENT OF THE CALIFORNIA CHIROPRACTIC ASSOCIATION.
HE CURRENTLY DOES FILE REVIEW AND SERVES AS NORTHERN CALFORNIA TERRITORY MANAGER FOR CORNERSTONE SERVICE CORPORATION THAT PLACES CHIROPRACTORS IN FEDERAL QUALIFIED HEALTH CENTERS. DR. BENEVENTO HAS BEEN IN CLINICAL PRACTICE FOR OVER 40 YEARS AND HAS TAKEN SEVERAL COURSES IN REHABILITATION, SOFT TISSUE TECHNIQUES, AND MOBILIZATION TECHNIQUES. HE CURRENTLY PRACTICES IN FOLSOM WHERE HE HAS MAINTAINED AN OFFICE SINCE 1983.